Job Description for a Lead Carpenter
Yucaipa Kitchen & Bathroom Designs & Remodeling (YKB) is looking for a highly proficient Lead Carpenter. If you have experience in residential remodeling, you may be the person we are looking for!
Main Responsibility: to execute profitable production activities, as assigned by the Production Manager, that support the goals for the company.
Availability: Ready to hire as soon as the right person is found
Usual Hours: Mon- Fri, starting around 8am
Travel: Local work, centered around Redlands/ Yucaipa area
Supervisory Responsibilities? Yes
The duties of this job shall include, but are not limited to the following:
You are the on-site manager of the project (bags-on). Your performance is extremely important to the success of our company. The Lead Carpenter will be responsible for many day-to-day activities required to successfully complete the project. On top of all that, the Lead Carpenter is our representative to the client, future prospects, and the community at large. We get most of our work because of our reputation and you are a very important part of that reputation. The jobsite may be one of the few places the public will gain an impression, good or bad, about the company. Both the quality of your work and the appearance of your jobsite reflect strongly on you and our company.
Intent: The Lead Carpenter is responsible for the successful completion of the job, which includes being on time, on budget, hassle free, and maintaining a high level of quality. In addition to being an excellent framer and finish carpenter, he or she should exhibit good judgment, high ethical standards, good oral and written communication skills, and strong leadership abilities.
Qualifications: A minimum of 10 years “hands-on” construction experience is required for this position. Experience must be related to residential home building or remodeling. The Lead Carpenter must have command of knowledge and experience related to the facets of the building/remodeling process — earthwork to punch list.
Seven Basic Responsibilities that form the “cornerstone” for the Lead Carpenter job position. They are:
- Client interaction and Customer Satisfaction
- Job Site Supervision, Protection, Cleanliness, and Safety
- , as well as supervising build team employees.
- Subcontractor supervision and scheduling
- Project Building Codes and Inspections
- Material management including take-offs and ordering
- Maintenance of jobsite paper work
Activities: the position activities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Insure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication.
- Attend all company/client meetings approved by the Production Manager.
- Create an anticipated project schedule in advance of project commencement.
- Review and adjust schedule as needed based on production realities. Advise subcontractors of proposed schedule. Verify and confirm material lead times and purchase orders as needed to maintain efficient schedule.
- Inform the Production Manager on a daily basis of the progress of the project, including any customer concerns, problems, delays, etc.
- Supervise trade activities of the company’s build team employees and/or independent subcontractors, which include oral and written communication as needed.
- Perform trade activities such as: Deconstruction, concrete footing and slab, carpentry labor, both rough and finish.
- Oversee the efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower and materials on each project as included in the project estimate sheets.
- Track the progress and profitability of the project under his or her supervision and report to Production Manager.
- Ensure the image of the company is supported by the appearance and activities of the build teams and jobsite.
- Maintain an operational inventory of necessary items, such as tools, supplies, safety gear, equipment, and vehicles to perform specific activities assigned by the Production Manager.
- Receive progress payments and final payment for the client upon completion of the project or as directed by the Production Manager.
- Assist in the company’s marketing programs as directed by management, which may include: canvassing, home shows, jobsite marketing, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Attend seminars and shows to obtain new product knowledge and new installation procedures.
- Seek additional responsibilities and guidance from company management employees as needed to enhance existing skills, learn new skills, and create potential for advancement in the company.
- Achieve NARI Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC) Designation
- NARI Certified Lead Carpenter Designation
- Achieve EPA Lead Certification (RRP)
- Maintain EPA Lead Certification (RRP)
- Valid driver’s license, car insurance, and means of transportation
- Able to safely operate power tools
- Must be able to lift, push, pull 50 pounds
- Able to report and schedule using online reporting software through smart phone or laptop
- Experience with BuilderTrend software is a plus.
Who Are We?
Yucaipa Kitchen & Bathroom Designs & Remodeling (YKB) is a recognized residential design-build remodeling company with over 30 years of success in the industry. Centered around the greater Yucaipa and Redlands communities, our vision puts heart felt caring at its core. We care about our people, our clients, and our resources.
At YKB we are focused on getting every detail right. In order to provide this great service, it requires that we have an incredible strong team. When asked how we choose our team, the answer is simple: We look for hard working, self-starters with a great overall attitude toward life. With a company full of people like this, the combination of a strong company culture and a shared passion for great service enables our team to deliver an exceptional customer experience every time.
This full-time position is available immediately to the right candidate. Work schedule is M-F, with typical start time of 8 am.
Pay: $25-37 per hr., (BOE). Bonus of $1,000 offered upon successful completion of 90-day introduction period.
Are you interested? If so, please complete an Applicant Info Form, providing your basic job and contact information.